Monday, November 9, 2009

An Open Letter to Coaches and Parents

**Editor' Note: I wrote this anonymous(lmao) letter to my son's football coach after our atrocious season ended 1-5, and he scored all the touchdowns for his team. for his efforts? The same trophy all the other shitty kids got...





Who do YOU think the actual star was???


Dear Coaches and Parents:

Friends...Romans...Countrymen! Lend me your ears. The era of celebrating mediocrity and WORSE for our kids must end! After sitting thru a 1-5 youth football season, I can no longer be silent. Coaches and parents, it is time we face fact and realize that not all our kids are destined to be the next Herschel,Bo,Emmitt, Usain or Carl, Kobe or Jordan! Goddamit some of em are just simply destined to be Otis or Raheem!

Now, I didn't write this letter to impugn or expose anyone. Shit, your child's piss poor play over the last 6 weeks was more than enough for the other parents to see your kid fucking sucks on their own. No, I write this letter today so that some of you parents can finally have to courage to tell lil Malik its ok if you never get into the game; you suck at basketball BUT your a ggrrreeaatt cheerleader!

Some of you will say, "well we give kids trophies to reward their hardwork and seeing it thru to the end, no matter the end result"....BULLSHIT! I think the great Herm Edwards said it best: You PLAY to WIN the GAME ! Its just that simple. If you wanna give losers or benchwarmers something to show appreciation, a damn Certificate of Completion will do! Thats all they actually did: they hung around long enough to complete the season... On second thought, they actually made your jobs tougher coaches, because you were probably forced to play their non-talented asses due to some asinine rule to begin with. They are the reason you lose games. The parents of those sorry bastards should be given YOU a trophy!

My solution to this problem is really quite simple. All youth sports should adopt the policy of youth/AAU track: you either place 1st,2nd or 3rd, or too bad-try again next time...Wow, what a novel concept! Why should the the team MVP, the guy who scored all 7 of your team's touchdowns, have the same size trophy as the kid who GAVE UP 7 TDS...in one game?!?! I'm not saying the kid go home empty handed, but that fuckin certificate in his hand next to Aaron's MVP trophy will make his lil ass think twice about getting beat deep- I bet you that !

Parents and coaches, in closing, I hope you will consider my ideas to revolutionize youth sports. Kids that don't earn shit, should get shit!


Sincerely,

A Concerned Parent


Do these niccas LOOK like they deserve a ring?!

3 comments:

  1. I disagree. My husband is not athletic at all. He never got to play football or any sports in high school. I say he was too clumsy, he says his momma wouldn't let him play...lol Anywho, when ever I bring up the fact that he isn't athletic he always points out the fact that he has trophies from little league, and he smiles. That's all he has to hold on to. If he didn't have those trophies what else would he have? Nothing that's what! Nothing but a bunch of hopes and dreams. So I say give those kids a damn trophy. They may never be a doctor, or lawyer, or engineer, but they will always be able to look at that little league trophy and smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO...your husband has YOU! Tell em to get rid of the elementary school junk and grab a hold of his real prize in life :)...poor warner-2 clumsy ass parents...

    ReplyDelete
  3. O-M-G....I cannot believe you wrote this! LMAO You are just ignit! I'm usually kidding but I mean it this time. We're supposed to "THINK IT", not "SAY IT" Leroy. But in seriousness, there has to be a standard because without failures, there is no success, without losing, there is no winning and without crappy players...THERE ARE NO STARS! Just be happy we have a STAR.

    ReplyDelete